POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Galileo thermometer (by Bob H.) with lathe bug again [~57K Jpg] : Re: Galileo thermometer (by Bob H.) with lathe bug again [~57K Jpg] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Galileo thermometer (by Bob H.) with lathe bug again [~57K Jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 22 Nov 2000 04:53:10
Message: <3a1b9786$1@news.povray.org>
"CMcCabe" <dea### [at] fcmailcom> wrote in message
> > OK, for what it's worth.  Thought maybe someone would want a look at the
> > rainbow anyhow though.
>
> I'd like to see the source to at least the rainbow myself, but I'm confused as to
> where that slightly yellow haze line in the horizon comes from?  Is that a side
> effect the blackish line in the thermometer itself?

Uh-oh, didn't I ever say where I posted it?  Doesn't look like it.  Well it has been
at povray.text.scene-files
for a short while.
I think you're talking about the sky and it's gradient y backdrop for the color behind
the clouds.  When the
plane was clipped by a box it left that up in the air and I didn't think of it being
like that.
The wrong part of the lathe is just below the uppermost float, maybe I didn't point
that out before because the
plane used to align there also.  The line above that float is the liquid level.  Hope
that explains it now.

Bob