POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Galileo thermometer (by Bob H.) with lathe bug again [~57K Jpg] : Re: Galileo thermometer (by Bob H.) with lathe bug again [~57K Jpg] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Galileo thermometer (by Bob H.) with lathe bug again [~57K Jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 18 Nov 2000 18:17:36
Message: <3a170e10$1@news.povray.org>

> > Maybe there just isn't any way around that lathe "bug" unless the camera is
> > complete non-parallel with any height of the lathe object.
>
> I do not know about the lathe object, but this "bug" also happens with sor
> if you do not use the sturm keyword. Try it and see...

  I had almost always used sor when making this type of object before (CSG
differencing for interiors) but not
many with clear textures.
  The typical view being from above, and creation testing being faster while
non-transparent, could cause a
person to not realize this problem.  I almost always instinctively add sturm anyhow
although reading
documentation again seems to make it useful only for the quadratic spline in lathe.
cubic and bezier already
implement it by default.  sor however needs you to add sturm yourself even though it
is also cubic spline.

Bob