POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another Quickie. (33K) : Re: Another Quickie. (33K) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Quickie. (33K)
From: Rune
Date: 17 Nov 2000 19:03:27
Message: <3a15c74f@news.povray.org>
Like everybody else in here I admire your abilities for creating those
spacecrafts. Gaining control over the individual features of POV-Ray is
relatively easy, but it is imagination combined with the ability to envision
how to solve a certain problem that makes the difference. That's your
strength, right? :)

For this particular one I would suggest making the seams between the plates
look less painted on. Maybe make the colour of the lines a bit more grey,
and less black. Also maybe use a bump map to simulate the seams. You may
have done so already, but in that case the shading is not visible on the
black lines. Besides that, excellent as always.

BTW, what is the current status of the Desert Eagle?

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org