POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a short try for bad weather .. : Re: a short try for bad weather .. Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a short try for bad weather ..
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 17 Nov 2000 18:23:52
Message: <3a15be08@news.povray.org>
I started with a recursive macro, that tries to grow (from a
starting point) in a specified direction.
Add on every level a little (or a bit more) turbulence to the
direction, and then draw simply a cylinder between the two
points...
give it a (small) chance to divide on every recursionlevel and
also a chance to abort earlier than expected from a recursion ...
finally I added for every level a glow (first time, I used glows;
They are great)
That's the reason why there are only lightspots on distinct
places

Now the rest was tweaking of the parameters ...
The current problem is, that it won't show right on not-dark
backgrounds, but I'm working on that ...

I think I'll post the source this weekend ... let me have some
tweaks on it ...

--

 ,',    Jan Walzer      \V/  http://wa.lzer.net     ,',
',','   student of      >|<  mailto:jan### [at] lzernet ',','