POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : thermometer (glassthingie) 98kbbu : Re: thermometer (glassthingie) 98kbbu Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: thermometer (glassthingie) 98kbbu
From: Bob H
Date: 17 Nov 2000 16:15:53
Message: <3a15a009$1@news.povray.org>
"Steve" <ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain...
> Bob it may be worth posting your code so that we can see if the
> problem can be reproduced on other systems, or even find a
> solution.

Well, I found that going with a quadratic_spline instead of cubic_spline appears to
almost fix it completely
when sturm is used.
Just now getting back here to post a reply and now I have to leave again.
The pov script was put at povray.scenes.text-files yesterday as if anyone sees this
message try replacing the
cubic_spline type with the quadratic_spline and uncomment the sturm keywords.  The
shape has to be adjusted for
but it seems to be the answer.  Almost but not quite maybe.  I think it might still be
susceptible to problems.
I haven't tried a sor yet.

Bob