POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Runing POV-Ray : Re: Runing POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Runing POV-Ray
From: Scott Lambert
Date: 16 Nov 2000 16:47:41
Message: <3a1455fd$1@news.povray.org>
I'll give it a shot.
I launch mine by typing "x-povray" at the bash prompt followed by a buncha
arguments.

KDE shows a "meshed gears" icon when the file in question has the "x"
(executable) permission.
Under Linux a file is executable because of this permission, not because of
any property of the
file itself. (Under Windows for example a file must be a *.EXE file, there
is no equivalent "permission".)
I have zero Mac knowlege to relate this to.

I have an older version of Red Hat, and I haven't been able to make this
work, but you're supposed
to be able to configure the system so that x-povray is considered the
interpreter for .pov files, and
then you could invoke a .pov file just like a command, and x-povray is run
as the interpreter, and
does a render for you. I don't know how to make it work. Check out
"miscellaneous executables".

news:B6397AA4.2E24%dav### [at] maccom...