POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : thermometer (glassthingie) 98kbbu : Re: thermometer (glassthingie) 98kbbu Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: thermometer (glassthingie) 98kbbu
From: Bob H
Date: 16 Nov 2000 14:36:47
Message: <3a14374f$1@news.povray.org>
I have since made another render of my attempt at a Galileo Thermometer with
the floor plane clipped to a small size and found that the lathe does indeed
continue to produce the artifact.  The camera has always been offset from any
axis and yet it still persists, probably until the camera is completely
non-parallel with any point along the lathe height, but I haven't checked.
Sorry if I sounded argumentive before.  I was going on what I experienced
before and figured it was either a case of point placements of spline (it might
still be only cubic_spline doing it, I just don't know, sturm isn't used at all
for it, only the quadratic_spline I think) or axis-aligned camera.
Looked at the bugreport group about what Thomas Willhalm had said and I guess
there was never any fix found or produced.

Bob