POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Greg's mandels answering Warp on color differentiation vs. structure complexity : Re: ugh Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ugh
From: Warp
Date: 16 Nov 2000 11:40:43
Message: <3a140e0b@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:
: No.

  What do you mean "no"? I see 8 colors in the image. The border of the
interior of the set (colored white in this case) is quite smooth and has
quite small amount of complexity. You could recreate it with a spline using
some tens of points. If you zoomed a bit more on the border of the set you'll
end up with a straight line.
  Is that "infinite complexity" to you? A straight line is not "infinitely
complex" in my opinion.

  To get infinite complexity you have to iterate an infinite number of
times. Only then you can zoom as big as you want and you will never get
straight lines nor smooth curves in the border of the set.

: There is still structural complexity in "your" x-z plane, or fineness and
: number of tree trunks,, but a great differentiation in the colors, or your
: tree heights.

  Sorry, I didn't understand this.