POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2nd Poser Post w/ Problem : Re: 2nd Poser Post w/ Problem Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Poser Post w/ Problem
From: Robert J Becraft
Date: 15 Nov 2000 18:00:27
Message: <3a13158b@news.povray.org>
I GOT IT!

The problem was the uv_mapping variable at the end of the mesh statements.
There were three sections that corresponded to the dress.  I had only turned
off the uv_mapping on the first one which was the bottom of the dress.

Image with dress with correct texture attached!

Robert J Becraft <cas### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> I pulled out the section in the mesh .inc file that corresponds to the
> dress... turned off the uv_vector portion and the uv_mapping variable at
the
> end of the mesh....
>
> The dress still renders as one color.
>

> Marc-Hendrik Bremer <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
> > I don't know if it is necessary with your converter-program, but did you
> > enable uv_mapping in the mesh description by putting "uv_mapping" at the
> end
> > of the object-description?
> >
> > Just a (wild) guess ...
> >
> > Marc-Hendrik
> >
> > Robert J Becraft schrieb in Nachricht <3a1307dd@news.povray.org>...
> > >Yes, the list is there.
> > >
> > >I've modified the line for the dress to include the texture I applied
> > the
> > >box.
> > >
> > >If you scale the texture, it will shift to one of the other colors in
the
> > >color map, however, it is always one color.  It does not take on the
> > pattern
> > >like the box.  The texture and application section are here:
> > >
> > >  #declare DressText = texture {
> > >    pigment {
> > >      crackle
> > >      turbulence 1
> > >      lambda 1
> > >      frequency 2
> > >      color_map {
> > >        [0.0 color rgbf <1.0000, 0.2900,0.2000>]
> > >        [0.3 color rgbf <0.9297, 0.8438,0.6797,.45>]
> > >        [1.0 color rgbf <1.0000, 0.2900,0.2000>]
> > >      }
> > >    }
> > >    scale .0025
> > >  }
> > >#declare OBJuvPOV_Texture_OBJuvPOVPreview1 = texture {DressText}

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gown1a.jpg' (39 KB)

Preview of image 'gown1a.jpg'