POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2nd Poser Post w/ Problem : Re: 2nd Poser Post w/ Problem Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Poser Post w/ Problem
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 15 Nov 2000 07:30:14
Message: <3a1281d6@news.povray.org>
Robert J Becraft <cas### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> I've about gone nuts trying to put a crackle/agate/leopard/granite texture
> on this figure's dress... finally, I added a box in the background... as you
> can see, both the dress and the box have the same texture on them, however,
> the dress comes out a solid color while the box is the texture I expected to
> have on the dress?

> Using MegaPov 0.6

Are you sure your uv map isn't getting in the way, so the dress thinks it
already has a texture?  I use 3Dwin to port Poser to Pov (well, once.  I'm
learning too) and while the free version doesn't port the textures from
poser, I've found that I can texture the objects individually myself.  I
haven't tried UV mapping, though.

Geoff