POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : OUCH!! - rad - phot - blur ref - layer tex (50Kbu) : OUCH!! - rad - phot - blur ref - layer tex (50Kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  OUCH!! - rad - phot - blur ref - layer tex (50Kbu)
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 13 Nov 2000 21:44:08
Message: <3a10a6f8@news.povray.org>
A test.. and my longest ever render, at 27 hrs 46 mins and 47 secs. 480x360
AA0.3.

The walls and floor are a 4-layered hexagon texture. All the metals have
blurred reflection. Radiosity was used, as were photons with the area_light
option used.

All my settings were probably overkill... I only have a P-200, so it was
hard to do more than a couple of test renders. Mostly I'm happy with the
results. Stronger AA would have been nice. Also, I'd have prefered the
photons to be more visible... dunno how to achieve that, other than by
darkening the surroundings so that they show up in the shadows.

Hope you like it anyway. I'm not about to re-render it. :-)

All the best,

Andy Cocker

www.mariner9.net

..... for my music and graphics.
'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'radphotblur.jpg' (51 KB)