POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Resolution of Outputed Image : Re: Resolution of Outputed Image Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Resolution of Outputed Image
From: Buke
Date: 13 Nov 2000 19:39:58
Message: <3a1089de@news.povray.org>
I don't printout anything that is less than 3200x2400 res if I'm looking
for quality prints. Printing in Linux is not the way to go as most
printer drivers with advanced options are not written for Linux. I could
not get my printer to print very well in Linux but in W98 it's just
great (Epson Photo 1200). That is just what I have seen but your printer
may differ.
  Michael DiDonato wrote in message <3A105C74.B558AA0F@scripps.edu>...
  Is there a way to specify the resolution of the images created by
POV-RAY?  I have created a couple of molecular graphics which look great
on screen but when they are printed, they contain jaggies even though
they were antialiazed.
  Furthermore, when I open the TGA file in xv (or any other graphics
program) it says the resolution is 72dpi.  I would like this to be at
least 600dpi.  Is there a way to specify this in POV-Ray?

  Any help is appreciated.

  Mike

--
Michael DiDonato, PhD