POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Glows are not translated with the light source : Re: Glows are not translated with the light source Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glows are not translated with the light source
From: Warp
Date: 11 Nov 2000 09:39:08
Message: <3a0d5a0c@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
: Let me clarify: I have nothing against the idea of templates. I just
: think they could be done better in C++ than they were, perhaps by
: extending the existing preprocessor instead of adding another
: "meta-language".

  I think that would be more like a kludge over an older kludge.
  In my opinion the templates in C++ are quite well implemented. They are
easy to use and you can make very good-quality code with them.

: Moving to a dynamically allocated array will probably give a bigger
: speed boost.

  A dynamic arrays and sorted glows are not mutually exclusive. In fact, the
latter actually needs the former (unless you use a binary tree, which takes
even more memory).