POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : thermometer (glassthingie) 98kbbu : Re: thermometer (glassthingie) [61K jpg] Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: thermometer (glassthingie) [61K jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 11 Nov 2000 09:15:37
Message: <3a0d5489@news.povray.org>
Tried making one myself now.
"artifact" across it too, lined up with the horizon, but I don't think it's in
error.
max_trace_level was at 15 and the camera offset from any axis.  The top of the
liquid is very prominent too but it's due to the surface tension or adhesion to
glass I put there.  Too much exaggeration and reflection possibly.
Needs work, I know.  Just showing what I got when making this same thing.  I
had put a heat wave effect near the bottom of the picture but it's an awful
attempt.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: