POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iso floor grow (46Kbu) : Iso floor grow (46Kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Iso floor grow (46Kbu)
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 10 Nov 2000 11:50:28
Message: <3a0c2754@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Just another experiment, posted because I have a couple of questions.

a) The code for each isosurface is:
#declare F = function { pigment { crackle form <1,0,0> color_map { [0.0 rgb
0.0 ] [1.0 rgb 1 ] } scale 1/2 }}

#declare Gloop=
    isosurface{
      function { x^2+y^3+z^2+F-1 }
      contained_by{ box { -2.1, 2.1 } }
      max_gradient 14
      accuracy 0.001
}

I notice that one of the isos has a strange line on its base. How would I
get rid of this? I already changed accuracy and max_gradient, and got rid of
many more errors, but the rendering takes too long on my p200.

b) Any idea how I could make the floor using one isosurface, rather than a
grid of many isosurfaces, as I have done here?

Thanks all,

Andy Cocker

www.mariner9.net

..... for my music and graphics.
'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hhhh.jpg' (47 KB)