POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Heavy Egg (H.E.) update - 23kbu : Re: Heavy Egg (H.E.) update - 23kbu Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heavy Egg (H.E.) update - 23kbu
From: GrimDude
Date: 10 Nov 2000 01:31:58
Message: <3a0b965e@news.povray.org>
"Thomas Lake" <tla### [at] homecom> wrote in message
> Hmm despite the AA of 0.5 it still looks Aliased to me,

The higher you set aliasing, the better it looks. Trying to blur the motion
of the plane object, in its entirety (I finally merged the objects
correctly), *really* slowed down rendering, so I backed off the aliasing a
tad (with other changes).

>...also the ocean blurs a
> lot in the background. This detracts from the realism of the water a lot!
Maybe
> it's just the Jpeg compression.

Noted, but I thought enough realism came through as it was. Upping the
aliasing helps a ton, but jpeg compression didn't help anything.

>...I love the work on the plane!!

Thanks! At this range most of the decals are turned off, though. So, there
is more detail then you can see in this image (rivets too, plus the new
cockpit coming along). Instilling motion blur on the overall object detracts
from detail, as well. Oops, I talk about that plane too much! Formation
break is taking most of my time, right now. It's quickly turning into three
separate animations, which will tell a story in sequence. That, or it'll
quickly consume all of my time and drive me insane (shutup Ken) :^)

Grim