POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloth simulator (png 31kbu) : Re: Cloth simulator (png 31kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth simulator (png 31kbu)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 8 Nov 2000 11:12:41
Message: <3a097b79@news.povray.org>
> Does anyone know a free cloth simulator that'll export to pov (or
> sothing that can be converted to pov)?

Not me, otherwise I'd be using it. :)

> Otherwise, I'll just go on with the one I just wrote (see attached pic)
> but it's far from perfect and since I need it for my irtc entry, I'd
> rather spend the time on the picture than on the simulator...

Did you write it in C or in POV-Script? When will it be available for us to
tinker with it? What did you base it on? Did you just come up with the stuff
on your own, or did you read Xavier Provot or Hugo Elias' stuff? Tell me
more!!! =)

> On a related note, anybody has any idea for what causes the dark
> stripes on the lower right? I tried chainging the order of the points of
> the concerned triangles and switching between mesh and mesh2 but I
> always get the same results...

Inverted normals? Bad smoothing?