POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : is over iso vers. of plant (15 kbu) : Re: is over iso vers. of plant (15 kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is over iso vers. of plant (15 kbu)
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 8 Nov 2000 05:33:15
Message: <3a092beb@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote in message
<3A0925CF.2A5EBA24@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>...
> That looks good, I would really like to see the isosurface function
used for it.

This first try
I want work a little with it before public
perhaps with my own patch for speed it up

>The rendering time seems quite high for such a relatively simple shape.

shape is simple but function not
the main thing is not shape
but modification of shape
this is calculation of two definite integral of sqrt of derivative
of equation parametrized with coordinates
real shape is 20 standard "Witch_of_Agnesi" placed randomly
simple function R is called about 400 times in some subfunctions
and this is no way to simplify - better way is write patch witch allow
local vars or more parameters or calling last results - more at p.u.p or
p.p

>I remember having similar rendering times for my 'isosurface landscape'
scenes,
>but they used complicated pigment functions and radiosity leading to
several
>billions of Noise/DNoise calls.

perhaps it could be also resolved with my planned patch, but I'm not
sure if I can do it

ABX