POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Focal blur understanding problem : Re: Focal blur understanding problem Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal blur understanding problem
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 8 Nov 2000 01:16:35
Message: <3a08efc3$1@news.povray.org>
"Fabien Mosen" <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote...
> The blur start is at 30 units, and the depth is 0.

A depth of zero may cause problems because of a potential bug.  The code for
the post processed focal blur is really quite ad-hoc and not very
scientific.  I made it so that it looked good in my test scenes (none of
which had a depth of 0), but beyond that I can't guarantee anything.
Sometime I hope to go back and re-work the math so that it is actually
realistic.  (It currently is not realistic.)

-Nathan