POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth again with oceans and clouds. : Re: Earth again with oceans and clouds. Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth again with oceans and clouds.
From: GrimDude
Date: 7 Nov 2000 21:35:54
Message: <3a08bc0a@news.povray.org>
One orbit, of the Earth, by the moon. I think the view you started with was
great! Just set the moon in motion, rotate the Earth of course, and put a
sun in there (stars too). As long as, the camera holds its position relative
to the moon (orbits too), Viola! This method would never allow for a full
lunar cycle, or even be accurate by any other scale, but it's better then
trying to make a full cycle. That would be a huge animation, were it smooth
at all.

Now, if you really wanted to get interesting, use NASA images of clusters,
nebulas, etc. and place them somewhere near where they belong. I'll leave
the details to your imagination, but this would be easy to get carried away
with. :)

Grim