POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : complicated functions : complicated functions Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  complicated functions
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 7 Nov 2000 05:37:38
Message: <3a07db72@news.povray.org>
I prepare my first isosurface
as default from library and my function as modifier of it
my function is rather complicated becouse
this is calculation of definite integral of sqrt of derivative
of equation parametrized with coordinates

I have divide equation to subfunctions of course
this is not possible to simplify this becouse the same
function is sometimes available this way: f+ln(f)

I want such function, I have such function and it works properly

what is problem ?

I have checked that simple R function is called
nearly 400 times by subfunctions for the same coordinates,
subfunctions are also called many times
and I want ask if there is optimized calling with the same arguments ?
function at call should checks last called arguments
and compare with new one
if are equal than return remebered result instead of calculated

to avoid slower render time for simple isosurface
this feature should be switched inside isosurface
(i.e. keyword "fast_results")

but perhaps there is already something like this ....

ABX