POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : feature request : Re: feature request Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: feature request
From: Bob H
Date: 5 Nov 2000 08:12:36
Message: <3a055cc4@news.povray.org>
"David Fontaine" <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote in message

> If the sun was a point light, the rays coming at Earth would form such a
tight
> (practically degenerate) cone that you might as well call them parallel

I'm going off on a tangent here but you made me think of a possible new
feature: converging ray spotlights.  Easily described as a spotlight which
shines in a direction opposite a regular spotlight, starting from a radius and
going to a point.  Wouldn't that be like previous suggestions for a arealight
in some way?  Light coming from an area and the "soft shadows" caused by
wrap-around light.  I'm almost certain this has been discussed before.
Well, this topic caught my attention.  Sorry if I interrupted.

Bob