POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : A Record-Setting Round : Re: A Record-Setting Round Server Time
27 Jul 2024 16:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Record-Setting Round
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 4 Nov 2000 22:33:49
Message: <3a04d51d@news.povray.org>
In article <39fd0c16$1@news.povray.org> , "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> To quote the error message Quicktime 4 gives me:
> "Couldn't open the file "mwinvade.mpg" because it is
> not a file Quicktime understands."

You are right.  MPEG-1 is only supported by QuickTime for Macintosh.  I was
not aware of this, but it is rather clear in the list of supported codec
formats on the QuickTime datasheet - a PDF document which nobody will read -
which lists "MPEG-1 (Macintosh)".

However, you could try the QuickTime 5 Preview, I think it supports MPEG-1
on both, PCs and Macs as they advertise it.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde