POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first poser model (it had to be sort of nude woman, didn't it?) 74kb bu : Re: My first poser model (it had to be sort of nude woman, didn't it?) 74kb bu Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:31:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first poser model (it had to be sort of nude woman, didn't it?) 74kb bu
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 3 Nov 2000 13:20:59
Message: <3a03020b@news.povray.org>
Geoff

> Hmm, there's some chunkiness around her left shoulder and elbow.  Is that
> poser thing?  I saw some program somewher that could remove it, I think
(but
> as I didn't have poser at the time, I didn't take note)

The chunkiness is to do with poser, unfortunately the models that come with
v3 are not very highly detailed and so problems occur, if you look closely
there are a lot of problems: chunkiness on the shoulder, the elbow joint is
not good, the wrist changes direction too suddenly(you can tell by the
reflection and texturing) and the waist also changes abruptly (obvious line
across it) I trien to get around the faceting problem by going for a worked
bronze texture which is not very easy to make out at this size but uses a
negatice crackle normal.

> How did you do the bird, btw?  It's very nice.
>
> All in all, a good image.  Makes me think of tarot cards and the like.

Thnaks

Kev

http://web.libertysurf.co.uk/kevin.ellis