POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : problem with tga file : Re: problem with tga file Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with tga file
From: Peter Popov
Date: 18 Oct 1999 16:53:01
Message: <3IYLOMZciUKDagl=jh4KBLk585oK@4ax.com>
On 18 Oct 1999 09:19:28 -0400, "kobus" <kob### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Thanks,
>
>but now I have got another question about the same subject. I omitted the
>rendering option "-FT". Now the tga image is not anymore readable by povray
>but the image can be correctly viewed with the help of a image viewing
>program.
>
>kobus

As Bob mentioned, if you don't specify an output format, POV defaults
to the system format (bmp for windoze, pict for Mac). Your output
file's extension should match the file type (.bmp for windows). You
can still use this image in POV but you have to use the sys file type
specifier instead of tga, i.e. Also, check out the docs to see if the
HF_16_Gray option works for anything other than tga.

height_field
{ sys "myfile.bmp" //  <-- not bmp "myfile.bmp" !!!
}

Have fun!

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700