POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : forest scene [108k] : Re: forest scene [108k] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: forest scene [108k]
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 3 Jan 2004 12:53:00
Message: <3FF7017C.20101@hotmail.com>
Looks good, Chris. Too bad I'm not willing to put up with such long
render times.... I'd rather be animating :)

The rocky hills could use a little more variation in texturing to make
them look abused and overgrown with lichen.... In fact, considering the
way the trees are placed and the structure of the hills, I'd say they
could be composed of volcanic ash (a.k.a. rhyolite).

We have places nearby which look a lot like your render. Such places are
also overgrown with bonzai manzanita and mountain mint (smells like
toothpaste).

--
Samuel Benge

stb### [at] hotmailcom