POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : techno garb (128k jpg) : techno garb (128k jpg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  techno garb (128k jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 27 Dec 2003 16:11:48
Message: <3FEDF553.1070707@hotmail.com>
Cellular automatation(CA) evaluations were performed and expressed in a
Euphoria program I made recently. The output(256 levels of grey) was
rendered in POV as a height_field and given varying normal patterns
along the y-axis.

The shapes portruding from the plane (not the crackle-based patterns on
the ground) are the expressed CA calculations. No random number was used
to create them, except on the upper portion of the test. I seeded the
top with randomly colored pixels for 'food'. Given a set of
circumstances, the procedure makes spcifically designed structures. I
may post the results of my other tests in some webspace somwhere.

Questions and comments are always welcome.

--
Happy Holidays, Everyone!
Samuel Benge

stb### [at] hotmailcom