POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mlPOV SSS (2 jpegs, 50kb total) : Re: mlPOV SSS (2 jpegs, 50kb total) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mlPOV SSS (2 jpegs, 50kb total)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 5 Dec 2003 15:00:51
Message: <3FD0E3F1.1040107@hotmail.com>
Mack Tuesday wrote:

> I think it's beautiful.

Thank you.

> You can make it look larger if you put some things
> in the foreground and make the ground look more finely textured.  Also,
> large, translucent ice formations look distinctly <snip>

Thanks for the reference. I think I'll go Googling to see what else I
can find. My heightfields don't really lend a realistic appearance to
the ice.... and I really need to fix the color.

 > It's not perfect but I think you knew that.

Yes, I do. The render was only made from my poor memory of what ice is
really supposed to look like. If anything, it looks like salt crystals
which have built up onto a pile of rocks... Or wax that was dripped onto
something.

--
Samuel Benge

stb### [at] hotmailcom