POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Somebody kick me (19kb jpeg) : Somebody kick me (19kb jpeg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Somebody kick me (19kb jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 26 Nov 2003 21:18:48
Message: <3FC55EF9.7070503@hotmail.com>
It's just as I thought..... and I should have done it in the first
place! The solution was obvious..... why hasn't it been done before? At
least I learned a few things from my blob fiasco.

What I'm talking about is the fact that subsurface scattering is 20
times more easy to implement in mlPOV than the official version. The
results are slightly faster and smoother, too. The image you see was
created by the code below:

#declare lpos1=<.5,1,3.25>*100000;

light_source{lpos1,<1.6 1.6 1.1> }

plane{y,-6.75 pigment{bumps scale 25 turbulence .5 lambda 3 poly_wave
.6} normal{granite .2}}

#declare obj=
  union{
   torus{6,1}
   torus{6,1 rotate z*90}
   torus{6,1 rotate x*90}
   sphere{0,6}
  }

object{
  obj
  pigment{ average
   pigment_map{
    #local V=0;
    #while(V<100)
     [1 projection obj ,lpos1 blur .2,10
      translate<rand(R)-rand(R),rand(R)-rand(R),rand(R)-rand(R)>*2
      color_map { [0 rgb 1][1 rgb 0] }
     ]
     #local V=V+1;
    #end