POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurface Scattering: A Tuesday Mystery (21kb jpeg) : Re: Subsurface Scattering: A Tuesday Mystery (21kb jpeg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface Scattering: A Tuesday Mystery (21kb jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 26 Nov 2003 14:34:44
Message: <3FC50051.30406@hotmail.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

 > 2) you use trace() to place blob components on the surface and use the
 > blob with the object pattern (not sure how you could achieve the smooth
 > transit with this method though)
 >
 > Christoph

* * * * !
Congratulations, you get four stars :) While you didn't explain the
whole technique, you explained the guts of my setup.

I used trace to place blob components randomly onto the object. The blob
object is made into a pigment using the object pattern . The blobby
pigment is then jittered about 100 times inside an average pattern's
color_map.

I have made a few enhancements and bug fixes, and I think it's about
ready to be released. In order to allow the use of multiple
light_sources I might have to make it into a macro which you place into
an average pattern's texture_map.

It will be ready very soon.

--
Samuel Benge