POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurface Scattering, 2nd image (43kb jpeg) : Re: Subsurface Scattering, 2nd image (43kb jpeg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface Scattering, 2nd image (43kb jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 26 Nov 2003 12:24:39
Message: <3FC4E1D4.60700@hotmail.com>
Shay wrote:

> Are you using scaled copies of the object in relation to the light
> source in order to build some type of illumination map?

I thought somebody might guess that, but it isn't the case. Such a
design would be kind of hard to implement because the scaling direction
might be hard to align with the direction of the light_source.

While the surface is taken into account, it is only used as a reference,
and not as an illumination map.

--
Samuel Benge

stb### [at] hotmailcom