POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Furry Sphere on Checkered Reflective Plane : Re: Furry Sphere on Checkered Reflective Plane Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Furry Sphere on Checkered Reflective Plane
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 20 Nov 2003 15:13:22
Message: <3FBD2057.40209@hotmail.com>
Thomas Willhalm wrote:

> No, it's actually a "hypertexture". I hacked - aeh - "patched" the
> media to simulate hairs.

An effective method, by the looks of it.

> I've already created and posted a teddy bear, long time ago and without
> rain and mud:
> http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/27008/

I remember this teddy bear. Some of the media containers are a little
bright against the background.... I wish it were easier to get
completely transparent textures in POV.... perhaps I should post a note
to the advanced section for a solution to that.

> What's next is to apply it to a mesh and more precisely to a bunny.

I'm looking forward to it.

--
Samuel Benge

stb### [at] hotmailcom