POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My First Post (100k about) : Re: My First Post (100k about) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My First Post (100k about)
From: Pogo
Date: 16 Nov 2003 15:30:05
Message: <3FB7DEFA.606@pakistanmail.com>
Hiya! The image consists of three objects : The red sphere in the
middle, a white disc with a fancy-pants normal pattern* (that somebody
else used a short while ago so I stole it like the thief I am), and a
large black sphere containing the disc and the red dot. The disc and the
sphere both have reflection 1.0, and I set max_trace_level to 50. Any
higher than that and the rendering would have taken too long. I could
probably have gotten away with a lower value though...

Other than that, I used a touch of radiosity, default values except that
I turned normals on, and two white lightsources.

*normal{
    average
    normal_map{
     [0.5 checker translate <0.5, 0, 0.5>]
     [0.5 checker translate <0.5, 0, 0> rotate <0,45,0> scale sqrt(2)]
    }
   }

A square rendering is probably a good idea. I'll get right to it.

Pogo