POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Modeler test (2 jpgs, 27kb each) : Re: Modeler test (2 jpgs, 27kb each) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeler test (2 jpgs, 27kb each)
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 9 Nov 2003 10:41:24
Message: <3FAE5FB2.BE3C921C@onwijs.com>
John VanSickle wrote:

Coorect me if I'm wrong, but what I understand of it is that you have
made a modeller to create a mesh which you feed to POV-macros to get the
subdivided mesh. If so, I understand how you came to this (the macros
came first) but wouldn't it be far more efficient to do the subdividing
in the modeller as well? That way you can get (sort of) a preview and
it's probably a lot faster then the POV parsing.

Remco