POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Modeler test (2 jpgs, 27kb each) : Re: Modeler test (2 jpgs, 27kb each) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeler test (2 jpgs, 27kb each)
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 6 Nov 2003 17:50:26
Message: <3FAACFC8.D83AD3EA@onwijs.com>
John VanSickle wrote:

> This was done in just a few hours time last night.  before.jpg is the
> hull mesh and after.jpg is with three levels of subdivision plus normal
> smoothing.
>
> My modeler can now apply texturing to individual faces.  All I need now
> is to add uv-mapping.
>
> Regards,
> John

>  [Image]  [Image]

Impressive.
Is there any predictable relationship between the original mesh and the
final result?
It now looks a bit like what you have when working with blobs: it needs
a lot of experimenting to get everything the right size.
Can you for instance be sure about the length or width of a paw or ear?

Again, I think it's very impressive and it looks very, very useful,
predictable or not.

Remco