POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Crash after 63 frames? : Re: Crash after 63 frames? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:52:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash after 63 frames?
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 3 Nov 2003 13:30:55
Message: <3FA69EDD.1010409@free.fr>
> I am *so* going to enjoy watching you eat your words, you arrogant
> smarty-pants.

	I'm not sure whether Thorsten should ever reply to this...

> As you can see, this demonstration of the memory bug was generated
> completely from within POV-Ray without the use of any external image
> processing programs or any other external processing. Since Thorsten has
> already stated that POV-Ray does not use any external libraries for Targa
> files, it follows that there must be a memory allocation problem somewhere
> within POV-Ray itself.

	You demonstrate nothing since you generate an animation by
outputting PNG files. If the memory leak is in the PNG library which
is used by povray, then it's still not an memory leak within povray.
You should try again by saving TGA or PPM frames, not PNG. Then please
report your corrected results so that someone can start analyzing
what's going on. I will try your scripts myself (on Linux, but that
does not matter if there is a memory leak in povray) in the light of
the rendering your animation as TGA frames.

	BTW, nobody said not to use an external image processing program.

	- NC