POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Problems with text placed at fixed positions relative to camera : Re: Problems with text placed at fixed positions relative to camera Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with text placed at fixed positions relative to camera
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 28 Oct 2003 15:49:21
Message: <3F9EE495.E7A10EB0@gmx.de>
High!

ingo schrieb:

> 'screen.inc' seems to be the tool for you. See "7.21.3  screen.inc" in the
> documentation.

Yes, it worked well! But then I felt somewhat awkward about just relying on
other's earlier achievements instead of re-inventing the wheel once again - a
thing a good programmer should be able to, I think...

But meanwhile, it seems that a solution of the problem without using
screen.inc is dawning on me... I just didn't consider that I have to add *two*
additional vectors perpendicular to each other instead of modifying just one
vector with complex trigonometric math! Some weeks before, I in fact
programmed a scrolling text along the lower edge of the scene, while the
camera rotated around the y axis without screen.inc...

See you in Khyberspace - http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/khyberspace/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/index-e.htm
Home-made electronic music: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/music/

Yadgar ((:->

Now playing: The Tears I cried (The Glitter Band)

--
Pashto 2.0, a protocol language for the Advanced Fractal Geometric Heightfield
and Navigation Implementation-Sensitive Texture Analysis Network