POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Problems with text placed at fixed positions relative to camera : Problems with text placed at fixed positions relative to camera Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with text placed at fixed positions relative to camera
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 26 Oct 2003 07:01:27
Message: <3F9BD3E7.D2D0D493@gmx.de>
High!

Another attempt at programming an animation with data displayed at a
fixed position in the image... as long as I placed the text (or more
precisely, the lower left corner of the text object) just in the center
of the camera's field of views, all went perfect. But since I want the
text to be placed in the lower right corner of the image, I had to add a
perpendicular vector to the field of view's normal vector - and then
strange things happened, either the text gradually moved out of the
scene, closer or further from the camera, or even no text was visible at
all... code is attached here.

This test animation spans 721 frames, it consists of the camera rotating
at constant speed around the y axis and, at the same time, oscillating

placed the camera inside a spherical grid with 10-degree intervals
between the "latitudes" and 30-degree intervals between the
"longitudes".

See you in Khyberspace -
http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/khyberspace/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/index-e.htm
Home-made electronic music: http://home.arcor.de/yadgar/music/

Yadgar ((:->

--
Pashto 2.0, a protocol language for the Advanced Fractal Geometric
Heightfield and Navigation Implementation-Sensitive Texture Analysis

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'display_test_new.pov.txt' (5 KB)