POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Balls collection (61k) - Contributions needed : Re: Balls Collection - Latest Version Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Balls Collection - Latest Version
From: Nico
Date: 17 Oct 2003 13:02:57
Message: <3F9020C5.2060109@loria.fr>
I tried a render with radiosity for the golf balls and it looks nice
IMHO (see image) but render stops before the end (0pps, maybe some bug).
I also tried the two pass rendering trick and it really speeds things
up. I did the dummy render at 300x300, no reflection, no transparency,
no aa and the final at 600x600 (still running). So far the water ball
seems really different from yours so I guess I have to not remove
transparency during the dummy render.

Nico

Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:
> No Radiosity used for this render.
>
> I'd say, maybe radiosity could be dropped, instead use the threeway-lighting
> model and no ambient light. Distributed rendering should be no problem then.
>
> I've also noticed that the golf-balls look a little too small at this size,
> and they're not white enough. Maybe a few less, bigger and then place them
> in the cube.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Post a reply to this message