POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : BlobScape w/radiosity (26k jpeg) : BlobScape w/radiosity (26k jpeg) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  BlobScape w/radiosity (26k jpeg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 10 Oct 2003 12:11:31
Message: <3F86DA20.7090903@hotmail.com>
It was taking too long... I had to abort the render.

I think blobs might be a good replacement for isosurfaces when it comes
to making landscapes that render more quickly. While you can't get the
same detail out of blobs(that is, without some hefty parsing and
rendering times), sculpting with them can be easier.

One thing that would make it even easier would be being able to use
torii, cones, etc. Any word on a compiled Windows version of the blob2
patch? I would take this question to povray.unofficial.patches, but I
don't want to clog it up with such questions.

--
Samuel Benge

stb### [at] hotmailcom

Post a reply to this message