POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rotating Squares problem : Re: Rotating Squares problem Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotating Squares problem
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 8 Oct 2003 17:49:48
Message: <3F8485E7.921829B0@onwijs.com>
Patrick Dugan wrote:

> I would like any help someone can give regarding a math problem in Povray.

I didn't quite follow the source posted here and saw that your problem
is already solved but since I've been struggling with the exact same
things some time ago and only barely worked it out, by trial and error,
it struck me now that there might be a fairly simple solutions: drop the
rotation part!
Start with the bottom square (or box), move from the corner along the
side for a fixed percentage of the side length, do that for every side
(in the same direction). The four resulting points will form a new
square.
Put this in a recursive macro and there you go.

Toch? Jan?

Remco