POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Snake3, New and Improved! : Re: Snake3, New and Improved! Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snake3, New and Improved!
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 2 Oct 2003 08:20:09
Message: <3F7C1772.33D9A576@onwijs.com>
Steve Shelby wrote:

> I solved the head-wagging problem by delaying the timing of the side-to-side
> movement of the spline by 0.04. It makes the unbending neck portion a little
> longer, but is that a problem?
> Steve Shelby
>
>                   Name: Snake3a.mpg
>    Snake3a.mpg    Type: WMPLAYER File (video/mpg)
>               Encoding: x-uuencode

Yes. 8)
Although I do think this looks excellent it does seem like he has a
stiff neck. Actually that isn't any different from the previous version,
so the problem may be something different.
I don't think the head should be totally motionless, it could wag a bit,
but not as fast as in v2.

This turns out to be more complicated then I'd have thought, having no
clear idea on how a snake actually moves forward...

Remco