POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] Cyborg close-up (17 kb) : Re: [WIP] Cyborg close-up (17 kb) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] Cyborg close-up (17 kb)
From: John VanSickle
Date: 22 Sep 2003 14:14:57
Message: <3F6F3C13.9F0F8FFF@hotmail.com>
Tim Cook wrote:

> Further work on skin, hair, ane eye textures, still not
> quite there...also significant modifications to geometry.
>
> Tried PoseRay's displacement map, utterly perplexed by
> how to go about controlling it in any useful manner...
>
> Need some quick commentary on current textures, as I want
> to get the human half of the girl finished so I can focus
> on the cybernetic augmentations.

One thing I've noticed about Poser renderings is that if you try
to model things by painting them onto the skin, the results can be
less than optimal, whether due to a low resolution of the bitmap or
due to the need for some objects to have thickness, which can't be
done realistically with a texture.

Regards,
John