POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : another landscape : Re: another landscape Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another landscape
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 21 Sep 2003 17:24:22
Message: <3F6CC545.60506@aol.com>
Texturing needs a little work, but I think the rock formations are
great! The render time, however, is a little long..... How long would it
take without atmospheric and water media?

I think you're making notable strides in the field of complex, detailed
landscape creation. I tried to make a height_field patchwork like your
last image, but was plagued with large gaps. I saw a good idea the other
day.... somebody was making turbulent oceans with a radiating mesh, not
entirely unlike a height_field, the main differences being it was disc
shaped and most of the detail was near the middle. Since objects that
are farther away are smaller and have less detail, the setup was ideal
for water, and probably landscapes too. I plan on making one soon. It
would be a perfect height_field2 if anybody were to ever make it into a
pacth:)

--
Samuel Benge

stb### [at] aolcom