POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb : Re: Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:15:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Aug 2003 09:38:04
Message: <3F3F853B.9F95FE00@gmx.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> Hi All:
>
>   Trying to recover from a long lack of inspiration, I started a
> "remake" of my old scene "fuente". This was a kind scene that I always
> wanted to try with radiosity.
>
>   I've not resited the temptation to do a "full rewrite" of the code
> (still in progress). I used POV-Tree + TOMTREE for the nice palms
> (thanks Gena & Tom!) and a modified Skylight.inc for the sky (thanks
> Philippe!).

Looks very good although the detail level of course is not suited for a
much larger render.  It is crying out loud for being rendered in HDR file
format though (so you can turn up the brightness and view the shadow parts
as well).  You could also render a nice light probe from it...

The palms are double_illuminate i assume?

BTW if you have a nicely working version of the skylight include file it
would be great if you could share it.  The one posted in p.b.s-f. seems to
be buggy in some ways and i have not yet found the patience to work though
all the suggestions for fixes etc. that have been posted in reply.

Christoph

Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______