POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Modified Fruit : Re: Modified Fruit Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:10:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified Fruit
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 30 Jul 2003 10:50:33
Message: <3F27DB37.9070501@spam.fr>
You're right about the leaves too.
Pineapple would be great, if you can texture it, or maybe make it with
CSGs.

I'll work on my entry too, Real looking stuff is not really my style
either ... if I have any. :-)

JC

Andrew Wilcox wrote:
> Hmm, but I thought making yet another square fruit would get repetitive.  You're
right though, there is something about the pear
> that isn't quite right.  I thought it was the leaves, or the stem.  Plus, I can't
think of another fruit that I could make a texture
> for that would convey what it was, without having it's proper shape.  Except for
maybe a watermelon. :-)

>>You seem to be preparing your next IRTC entry, ain't you ?  ;-)
>

> Well, I thought I better at least enter the round that fits my style.  Next round
will be back to "More Real than Real", which I