POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet Earth rendered : Re: Planet Earth rendered Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet Earth rendered
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 Jul 2003 05:50:18
Message: <3F20FD5A.A59D9282@gmx.de>
Wolfgang Wieser wrote:

> > http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/31675/225014/#225014
> >
> Nice images.
> Seems you found a color map of Mars somewhere...

It is very low resolution and includes shading which is difficult to
remove.  You can find this at various places, for example:

http://www.solarviews.com/cap/mars/marscyl1.htm

> IIRC, the 1/128 degree data did not include the poles at that time,
> to I decided to use the 1/64 degree data.

It only goes to 88 degrees but that's no reason not to use it (just fill
the rest with lower resolution).

There are some slight scanning structures in the data though (only visible
in extreme situations of course).

Christoph

Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______