POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I'm not sure what it is [88 k] : Re: I'm not sure what it is [88 k] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:29:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm not sure what it is [88 k]
From: David Matthews
Date: 18 Jul 2003 23:25:04
Message: <3F18BA15.90108@dinecollege.edu>
Chris Amshey wrote:

> The water effect is pretty cool,but probably wants to be darker... it's a
> bit too
> silvery imho,

You're right.  Part of the problem was the pigment (I just used a Chrome
from metals.inc, which looks great for things that are supposed to be
chrome, but probably isn't exactly designed for dark water), but most of
the problem was that I had my fog settings messed up.  I've fixed that,
and once I add some more bells and whistles, maybe I'll repost.

>but the texture of the water is nice and swirly. Don't know if
> that's the spheres or the texture on the spheres, or both, but it works.

The texture is an "agate" texture, so it's kind of a combination of the
texture and the spheres.

I've been tweaking the sphere array parameters and the pigments, and I
think there will be some situations where the effect will be useful.

Dave