POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : UV Mapping : Re: UV Mapping Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:35:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV Mapping
From: Gena Obukhov
Date: 17 Jul 2003 10:34:53
Message: <3F16B20E.8010906@mail.com>
Gilles Tran wrote:

>It's done the other way round : you move the vertices until they fit the
>texture and then save the object with the new uv coordinates. You can do
>this with the free version I think but I'm using the Pro version which has a
>3D view among other helpful features.

Got it.
You have to use Select By:Vertex, drag selection rectangle around
vertices you want to
move and move it. For the object with many triangles it's very painful
process. Also
(at least in freeware version) there is no way to zoom in/out. That's
why if points are
very close to each other you cannot select the vertex you want. The only
way to do that
is to resize the map first in X  then in Y.

It would be very useful feature in this program - fill rectangle area
automatically :)

Gena.