POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Tree 1.1 Examples : Re: POV-Tree 1.1 Examples Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree 1.1 Examples
From: Gena
Date: 15 Jul 2003 13:31:10
Message: <3F143A5E.2060205@mail.com>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> normals, uvs). If you can output to mesh2 you can figure out how to output
> to OBJ (I think Rune did something like this). And OBJ, unlike mesh2 which
> is POV-only, is a popular 3d format which means that your app could export
> to any 3d application out there from Bryce to Maya.

Tom Aust (who is the author of the tree algorithm used in POV-Tree)
asked me some time ago if it's possible to use the program for
commercial purposes. I think commercial purposes in this case means
ability to export trees in "commercial" formats - DXF, OBJ etc.
Right now it's impossible (at least directly). I believe it should
not be a problem to implement export in one of those "commercial"
formats. I just feel some kind of obligations... :)

Gena.